Cherry Wine / Port Recipes
Suggestions for use.
- Try this mixed with soda water or lemonade for a cool thirst-quenching drink.
- Also can be mixed with champagne to make a dangerous good drink!
- In winter try a little nip at room temperature to warm you up.
- Pour some over ice cream!
- This wine can be mulled with addition of orange peel and cinnamon. Just warm it, don't bring it to the boil as you will lose the alcohol.
- Use this with a trifle, with sponge cake, custard jelly and whipped cream.
- Reduce the wine by boiling in a pot and then pour over a half cooked leg of lamb with rosemary.
Suggestions for Use
- Drink as cold as you can get it or just pour over ice. Spend the time to sip it and savour the flavour.
- Can be mixed with soda water or lemonade
- Mix the Limoncello with champagne to make a very tempting drink.
- Pour over ice cream
- Can also be used with chicken.
- Prick about a punnet of blueberries with a fork and put them in a dish with about a tablespoon of Limoncello.
- Leave over night if possible.
- Put sponge cake, whipped cream lemon curd and blueberry mixture in layers in a dish and refrigerate.
Walnut Rum Liquor Recipes
Suggestions for Use
This liquor marries very well with any kind of cheese and biscuits either before or after a meal. It also goes well with a coffee or in the coffee. Also use the walnut rum liquor instead of ordinary rum with chocolate in slices, ice cream, or in a chocolate and cream ganache
- Cook your steak to your liking
- Rest the steak on a plate
- Keep your pan on low and add approx a tablespoon of the rum, scraping off the nice bits on the bottom of the pan
- Add about one third of a cup of cream and turn the heat up to reduce the mixture to the desired consistency.
You could add green peppercorns before the rum and cook them for a little while and then add the cream as per recipe. This recipe makes you look like a great chef!
Cherry / Blood Plum Vinegar Recipes
Make-Your-Own Salad Dressing
- Make up your own style salad dressing in a medium sized bottle (with a lid).
- Add one part of vinegar to 3 parts of a good Australian olive oil.
- Then add 1 teaspoon of mustard of you choice, some crushed garlic and a herb of your choice (thyme, rosemary, dill, etc).
- Store in the refrigerator but take it out half an hour before use so that the olive oil returns to room temperature as olive oil will slightly freeze in a refrigerator.
Suggest a Recipe
Do you have a favourite recipes that uses one of our Grog Shed products? Then please send it in to us so we can share it with others.